Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stumped!

I have had jobs that were all about knowing what you don’t know. I have also had jobs where knowing what you know is what it is all about. I have even had jobs where knowing what you know, and knowing what you don’t know is what it is all about. Then there is my current job and I can tell you that I know what I know and I know what I don’t know….but here, it doesn’t matter…just wing it. My boss has just tasked me with writing something (a big important, something) that I know absolutely nothing about. And this is not something I look up on the internet and learn, nor is it something that I can ask about around the office. The only person to ask, who really knows, is my boss, and he just flew out the door, headed for a 1:00 o’clock meeting. Even if I did know what I don’t, I would still have to be able to verbalize it in military terms, which I also, do not know. It’s very complex. I mean there are varying levels of not knowing that are in full effect here. And so I tried to at least get started with this project and here I sit, blogging to you guys. I used to consider myself a professional at BSing. That’s how I did so well in my college writing courses. Yet here I sit….stumped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sis this is an awesome blogg and once again you found the perfact picture to go with it. ill be reading this one often because i can relate with it and i love the way you write. have a great day and i love you talk to you soon, Jayson

Jylaire said...

You make me laugh! You guys and your military stuff...Hey, I need your address, so email it to me Jylaire@hotmail.com Thanks!