Monday, July 7, 2008

The 4th and the Wisdom Tooth

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. I had a great day! America Rocks! Bridger and I went to Layton park to find meaningless items to purchase but for some reason the items weren’t so fab this year so we saved some dimes. Then keeping true to custom, we joined ‘the friends’ at Beth’s house for good conversation, fireworks and food! Beth lives behind the Layton park, I mean the park is literally in her back yard, and this makes for some crazy convenience and comfort when celebrating the 4th. We can even hear the live bands!
So I waited to long, I procrastinated and now I am having super duper trouble with a wisdom tooth. I won’t bore you with the details (or risk list… which there really is one, I am serious, I am not just being a total chicken here, this is a very serious procedure). It will be pulled on Wednesday and I am not even going to discuss how scared I am. Anyway, I won’t be able to chew for a month and then for another month following I can only eat very soft foods. If I fail to do this I will break my jaw and have to have another surgery and we don’t want that! If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can eat, recipes, ideas etc…PLEASE let me know! I am super desperate. The only things I can think of are yogurt, oatmeal, mac-n-cheese, V8 and soup. I have to figure out more than this. Any suggestions would be very appreciated! I think it’s funny how when you’re scared about something (such as this tooth removal) you want to tell people all about it to let them know how serious it could potentially be! You want them to know that your special and you’re in special danger! The average routine procedure for you, could be life threatening! No others have died before you during this operation, no after, but you, you just might! Perhaps I am alone in this and no one else has these ‘Tell the world’ urges. Maybe it’s because of the frequent anxiety attacks its causing that I am convinced that no other person before has had quite so serious a surgery as this! Okay I am nerd, I know. It should be a routine thing, unless he breaks my jaw and paralyzes my face. Prayers and recipes welcome.

4 comments:

Jylaire said...

You never told me how your haircut went! I'm dying to see it! I'm bummed to hear about the wisdom tooth thing- it doesn't sound fun, and plus, you'll probably miss my book party on Thursday! Bummer! As for recipes, I'd be downing a lot of fruit smoothies, ramen noodles, mashed potatoes,yogurts, and soups. If I find some good ones, I'll let you know!

The Cooper's said...

That's scary Tex! I hope everything goes well. My suggestions for food would be applesauce and jello pudding. York would tell you to live on smoothie's- they are his favorite! Keep us updated on how you are and you will be in our prayers! Love ya!

Cygnus said...

sweet merciful crap, do i pity you. i had my wisdom teeth taken out about 15 years ago. it was horrible. AND they were taken out in portugal. yah, that's right--a semi-3rd world country. it required general anesthetic and an overnight hospital stay.

as far as recipes go, i can't offer any suggestion other than make sure you rinse like hell. if you get food where the teeth used to be, you'll end up with dry sockets. very unpleasant. extremely.

oh! cottage cheese. though i seem to recall an aversion. something about texture, if i remember correctly.

anyway, i tried calling you, but you never picked up. and you haven't called back yet. check your cell phone messages. i'm tired and going to take a nap now. :)

Anonymous said...

Beto's has the best rice pudding. And I really like pudding in general. They have crazy flavors now like cheesecake, but no steak and potatoes -- yet.