Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pea's...and their pods

I was just reminded of one of my all time favorite memories. Being a single divorcée with 3 kids and a lot of stress, my Mom would pack us up every year to travel down to Aunt Erna Ellen’s house in beautiful Logan Utah and stay there for 3 or 4 days. SO FUN. One of the best parts about this was that I got to visit with Heidi. My cousin. Heidi and I are not close like we were then, I don’t know why, I guess life just happens, plus were completely polar opposites. Heidi is everything I think a “Lady” should be. She’s really pretty, tall and thin. She walks with elegance, but doesn’t look exaggerated doing it. She is soft and warm, with blond hair and a distinctive voice. You know how there is just something about Barbara Streisand that emanates femininity? Well, Heidi has this. I always looked up to her. She was smart, and mature, and always was reading the coolest book. We would spend these days shopping, talking about books, and daydreaming upstairs in her bedroom. Man I wish we were closer than we are, really fabulous girl. But anyways, one of my favorite memories is of sleeping at her house and then sneaking outside in the morning before the adults woke up and pulling pea pods from her mom’s garden. We would stuff our shirts with them and then scour off to where we wouldn’t get found. For some reason Aunt Erna always knew when we had been in those peas, but I don’t know how, and man would she get mad. WhoooWeee! My Aunt Erna was awesome. She died some years back, but I don’t remember that part of her life, I remember how fun she was. I can still hear her yelling from the house that if we girls “took one more pea!”

1 comments:

Jylaire said...

Too cute! I'll have to email Hydee and tell her to read this!