Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Load/Unload Procedure

When I go to the store I will load my cart with things I want. As the shopping excursion escalates I will add more items, and then realizing I can’t afford all the things I want, I slowly start removing items and just laying them about the store. No, I do not feel guilt for this. It is someone’s job to walk around Wal-Mart and put things back where they belong…really I am contributing to the health of our nation. I noticed today that the same thing happens when I shop online. I will slowly add items to my cart/bag/whatever and then as I find more items I will remove the ones that I don’t have to have. Then when I am ready to check out, I do one final check of the things I have chosen and remove stuff until it gets down to a price that I like. I think its compulsive buying and I can’t help it! I used to not do that final removal of items and I paid pretty big for this kind of shopping. And so I developed my system of doing one final check and it seems to keep me pretty safe. Sometimes I just want to spend money. Does anyone else have these urges? Like on payday do you get an overwhelming feeling of excitement, like it’s the best day ever and you just have to go shopping? It’s a controlled problem, but one that could land me in hot water someday.

3 comments:

The Cooper's said...

I do this exact same thing! Especially online, I stare at the goods and decide which things I can or the girls can live without- Oh how I wish we could just have it all!!

Anonymous said...

I rarely even look anymore (both at stores and online) because it is just depressing that I have to put almost everything back.

Anonymous said...

I love to spend money!
Today is payday so its a good day in the Hatch house.