Friday, January 9, 2009

What do people do?

I used to never watch TV. Then when I moved into my apartment and the world became lonely, I began to watch TV every day. It all snowballed from there and then got to the point that watching TV was all I did. I have come to a conclusion though….I Don’t Even Like TV. I am always miserable when I am watching it. It depresses me. It makes me feel…board. So having come to this conclusion I decided that I wouldn’t watch TV anymore. Now a life without TV is strange. What the hell was I doing before I got sucked in? What did I do with my time? I feel like it has caused an identity crisis. It has forced me to ask ‘identity crisis’ questions like “Well, what do I like to do?” I can honestly say that I have no idea what I like to do, I am just looking for something to do that I don’t hate! It’s really annoying. Luckily I have a job that requires me to stay at work for 10 hours a day leaving barely enough time to get home, eat dinner and wash the sweat off before I have to go to bed. And so that’s a blessing. I know I am supposed to be going to a movie this weekend with the girls, very different from watching TV and so I can handle that. Anyway, I am sitting here at my desk thinking about how its Friday and I get to do whatever I want this weekend and I how I just cant wait to get off of work, but then what am I so excited for? I have nothing to do. No stupid TV to watch, no big plans (except the movie…and the fact that I will spend Saturday with Annie because it’s her Birthday.) This reminds me…I have purchased the cutest Birthday gifts for my sweet dog! I am excited to give them to her she is going to be so siked (too 1980?). I should go to the gym, but yeah, like that's ever gonna happen?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes being able to do whatever you want is very confining.

Cygnus said...

I applaud your efforts to not watch TV. Not from the standpoint that it's TV, but because it makes you sad and you want to better your life. That's always applaudable.

I, however, will pick up the slack for you. :) Too many awesome shows. 24, Lost, Heroes ... not to mention all the documentary channels: Science, History, TLC, Discovery, National Geographic ... those channels make some of the best shows out there.