Monday, January 12, 2009

I lost It

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday with my Dad to do some grocery shopping. It was crowded. Really crowded, and people are so slow and in the way and it’s so frustrating to even walk down one isle. My Dad was slow. He kept throwing things into the basket that we didn’t need. I tried to explain that I don’t have the money to just throw things into the cart all Wiley-nilley. He didn’t seem to notice. We made it to the back of the store where the yogurt is. A girl stood there in the way, dazed, taking her time and talking on the phone. I waited. I didn’t want to run over her or push her out of the way. Finally she walked back to her cart and I expected her to move along, but she didn’t she just sat there in front of the yogurt talking and looking confused. Finally she moved enough that I figured it was my turn and so I walked up and attempted to grab the flavors that Dad and I like when I am surrounded by fat, hurried women who obviously all feel that waiting and being polite is not for them. They were everywhere. I couldn’t find the ones I was looking for and people were touching me and reaching over me and around me and…. Well, I flipped. I don’t remember all I said, but it was in reference to hungry desperate cattle and wild animalistic behaviors. I walked back over to the cart where my Dad stared in horror and I said “we should leave before we are killed.” A lady next to me said, (in a rude annoyed voice) “Oh chill out were not going to kill you.” I said “Well I doubt that, just like I doubt that I can come into Wal-Mart on a Sunday and have everyone act like HUMANS.” My Dad was totally humiliated. I felt really guilty for embarrassing him. I felt embarrassed too. I couldn’t help it, the anxiety had been building and building all through the store and then I finally broke. I won’t go to Wal-mart on Sunday anymore.

0 comments: