Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HA! I don’t know why this makes me laugh...but I just think the whole scenario is hilarious! I can't even side with one or the other. I mean, if it's true and she has been cheating...then I think he sortof has a point. If it seems like he's bitter...well, maybe he has a right to be!

Divorcing Couple Battle Over Kidney
(Jan. 13) - The couple for whom a kidney donation has become a $1.5 million sticking point in divorce proceedings squabbled publicly Monday during a Long Island court appearance, according to the New York Post. "This is a man who put his life on the line, and his wife treated him like a piece of dirt, garbage," said an attorney for Richard Batista, who claims his wife cheated on him after the transplant, according to the Post.
Dr. Richard Batista claims his wife cheated on him soon after he gave her a kidney. The couple are getting divorced, and now he wants the organ back, or $1.5 million. Dawnell Batista denies his accusations. She filed the divorce papers in 2005. The Batistas, pictured here in happier times, married in 1990.

1 comments:

Cygnus said...

if i were a woman, and my husband had that hair and unbearable moustache, i'd cheat on him too. ;)

no, seriously. i've been following this story for a couple of days, and it's utterly entertaining in a really morbid kind of way. how ... hilarious? i don't know. it's bizarre.