Monday, January 26, 2009

A lot about nothing really

Okay let us just talk a moment about the 4” layer of ice that was my car this morning! It took not 15, not 20, not even 30 minutes to scrape my way to the inner surface…but ONE Friggen hour! And that is what happens when it rains and snows at the same time in Utah. The doors were frozen shut so I couldn’t even get in to turn the car on. Were I able to enter the car then I could have started the great dethaw (Is that even a word or just Utah slang? I guess it would be easier to just say “thaw” as opposed to “dethaw” wouldn’t dethaw mean to re-freeze?) From the inside, while I worked relentlessly on the outside. I’m pretty sure I have frost bite on my lobes and thumbs.

Politics: Ohhhh politics. I am so tired of the endless bantering. I am very grateful that I live in a country where I can stay informed (or mostly informed depending on the lie) on all levels. However, it’s the constant bickering and bitching that finally makes you turn off the TV in disgust right? To be shamefully honest I was sort of looking forward to a democrat being in office so they would just shut up and quit all that complaining, and now the Republicans have started up. NO ONE CAN EVER DO ANYTHING RIGHT IN THIS COUNTRY. Unless you land a plane on the Hudson, but I don’t even know how to fly and most of my party members don’t know how either. (Please don’t leave me comments about how the ‘process’ of freedom works…I get it. I just get tired of all the fighting even though I am blessed to have it.)
Love: It’s almost Valentine’s day…again. Why are we always celebrating this holiday? I swear it comes along 4 times a year. Beth and I went to Wal-Mart the other night and happened upon the ‘Valentine Isle’. What a fluffy overkill of a holiday. So commercialized and ridiculous. Okay I am fully lying about my feelings and the V Day. I love it! I wish someone would give me some chocolates and flowers and even some of that fluff, perhaps in the shape of a teddy bear! Please leave me comments about your Valentine’s Day plans so that I can live vicariously through you!
Annie: Yesterday morning I rolled over to this: And I couldn’t help myself; I had to get a picture. She is so “friggen fabulous”. (Stolen quote from Clinton Kelly.)
Other things: I cut my hair off. Well, not OFF, I mean it still hits my shoulders, but I think they took like 6 inches or so. I was really liking it until today. I think that I thought that if I cut my hair then magic would happen I would suddenly look 20 pounds lighter. That didn’t happen. However, it only took me 5 minutes to do my hair today, so full on bonus!

3 comments:

The Cooper's said...

Tex,
I read your last post that is gone now but wanted to come back to leave you a comment. I just want you to know that I love you. We are the closest but you have always been so kind and generous to me & Yorkus. I hope you know that we both love you. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Jylaire said...

Hey there stranger! I want to see the haircut! I'm dying to chop mine off again, and need some inspiration. Sorry about the lame lack of blogging/posting/commenting as of late. This pregnancy has nearly been the death of me. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, but it's slow going. I've been pretty lame to all people, including the ones I live with for the past 4 months, but it's going to stop! I actually posted twice this week, so I'm sort of on a roll! Love you!

Texie said...

You two have soooo been talking with my Aunty about a certain emotional breakdown I had with her over the phone the other night! I love you both too.

Jylaire: Dont even worry about it. I know that you are sick and having a bit of a stuggle with this little one. I bet its a girl again! So fun. Just relax and do whatever you need to to take care of you, blogging can be updated later. The haircut, it turns out was a really good idea because when your hair is short it only takes like 3 minutes to do it everyday. (who knew?) I dont know if I super love it, but I think it looks alot better than it did.

Jenny: Thank you for those kind words. You are so sweet. Without getting into too much detail on a blog, I will just thank you and I love you guys too.