Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Who's bad day am I really having here?

When a bad day starts directly from the beginning of the day, (ie; I step out of bed and my dogs new toy almost severs off a toe) I am okay. I can quickly accept the idea that a bad day may be on the rise and prepare myself. Sometimes it’s really nice to just let go and settle comfortably into a bad day. When this happens I like to let people know that I am not in the best mood by saying “hey, you didn’t do anything, It’s just me.” But what really makes a bad day, is when numerous little things gang up on you in the middle of the day and hit you unexpectedly. Like when you talk to a pissy or ‘touchy’ person (that didn’t warn you of their mood) and they take everything you say as offensively as possible. You really want to just tell them to ‘go to hell and that you really don’t care if they are annoyed or not’…. But you don’t say anything!
Or when you send out an email early in the morning telling co-workers that you have a report due at 1:00 and they need to send their contributing information to you as quickly as possible, and they wait until 12:45 to send it. Yeah, I also sent out a second reminder and got minimal responses. Even worse is when one of them decides that they and their work is more important than anyone else’s on the team and don’t send their information until ……oh when was that…..wait for it……1:56pm. OH MY HELLY! I know that they didn’t send it because they were trying to rebel against my email from freakin 9:00am. Then there are the people that are consistently arguing with you in an attempt to prove that they are smarter. Which then proves to me that they are insecure and less intelligent and scared that they will be found out.
It doesn’t end there, it has continued on all day. And it makes me wonder now that I reflect, am I in a bad mood or am I the victim of many other people’s bad moods? I refuse to be anyone’s victim and so I will let it go and let these miserable specimens sit in their own ridiculousness. I will also counter todays attacks of hostility by going home, popping 2 aspirin for the monster headache that warding off the imbalanced causes, take a bubble bath, get a warm puffy blanket and curl up with my happy doggy, and the super good book I am currently reading (see below).

And so internet world, I say to you, admit when you are having a bad day, and watch who you take it out on because you may run into someone like me who will directly tell you that you are being an asshole. I know how it feels when you want to suddenly strike and rip someone’s eyebrow hairs out of their head, and by all means I fully support such an event when it is deserved. But to be “annoyed” by someone without realizing that You are your problem, not the person you’re speaking with, well that’s just sad and it makes you look a little immature. (Speaking only to those that this applies too, If you are not such a person, then….thank you and I hope you have a nice day).

1 comments:

Cygnus said...

wow. who was snippy with you? i can only guess, and if it's who i think it was, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. :)

hey, why won't you return any of my emails!? speaking of being in a bad mood . . . ;)

grah . . . lori's not happy with the kids. i have to help! have a great day, texie. you ARE awesome!