Monday, May 19, 2008

The lusty month of May

It’s Glorious Fabulous May. Which means total chaos in my life. Every day of this month is like Christmas day, over and over again. If you are a Gemini or a Taurus, then chances are that….I know you. The good thing about May is, I always have something fun to go do. Either shopping or a party, every week is filled with adventure. (Okay a little overboard there but I am trying to be positive for my Gemini friend who despises the negativity placed around the May B-Days, but at least I can take a little credit for trying). Yesterday was my Dads Birthday. We had a BBQ at his house and it was a great time. I got sunburned (which I needed a little sun) and Annie ran around with kids her own age for about 8 hours straight. Needless to say she came home and crashed. Because she has such thin hair I think she got a little sunburned as well and she is still acting ‘heat exhausted’ today. (Can dogs get heat exhaustion even when they have plenty of water?). Anyway I think she is okay, I just worry because there is nothing else to do with my time!
Today is Bridgers Birthday. He’s a sensitive boy about his Birthday. He appreciates even a phone call, but when his Birthday is made special, like if you go out of your way in some small way, it will make his day! Soooo, at lunch I went and picked up his B-day gift, picked up Annie, wrapped the gift, and we took him lunch. He was so ecstatic. I am glad I did it. He sort of puts too much importance on this kinda thing. He thinks that if no one went out of their way to make his day special then he must be unloved. And that is so not true, but can sometimes feel true. He said “You just made my Birthday, thank you so much. Now I know that someone cares”. Ohhhhh, I hear violins a little. Anyway, he will also get a Birthday dinner tonight at my Grandma’s and perhaps I will do another little something special for him, just because he was so dang appreciative at lunch today.
Next Birthday belongs to my friend Owen. He’s on the 23rd, I have no idea what to get him, but he is another appreciater of acknowledgment and generally pretty easy to make happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know it was bridgers b-day. I will have to send a card. I have an idea for Owens B-day call me. Also one for Beth.

Anonymous said...

Who is this strange anonymous person who has birthday ideas for me? :)
To confuse you more I also have more birthday ideas.
And just to add to the list, it's Jon's birthday today.

Cygnus said...

See, that's why you're such a good big sister. All I ever do for my brother is call him and say "happy birthday." Sometimes, I get him a stack of DVDs, but I haven't taken him out to lunch. Not for his birthday, anyway.

Rock on! Texie the greatest big sister!!

Texie said...

Ohhhh Man I forgot Johns Birthday. I am sure he will forgive it easily enough but I better at least call!