Tuesday, May 13, 2008

LPWNH's

Watching an extreamly discusting and violent situation unfold before my very eyes, I sit on the edge of my couch yelling, “No, No the other way, you gotta run under the bridge, through the gate and down into the hole! That’s where the other rocket launcher is!” Ah the sweet sound of my afternoons since becoming addicted to Bridgers new Playstation game. Its called Half Life, and that’s the kind of life I have been leading since I became entranced and unable to pull myself away. “We” (Note: I have never actually played a game before, the controler has never actually been in my hand.) advanced quite far last night. Finally got passed this board. (See below) It was offle. I lost 2 hours of good sleep last night because Bridger needed me to stay up and yell instructions into his ear until 11:00pm!
Every time he starts a new game I think “there is no way I will be interested in this one”. I mean I have heard of people becoming gamers and not being able to set down the controllers, but I have become a gamer groupie. (I bow my head in shame for I believe that a gamer groupie could actually rank lower on the scale of Lazy People Who Need to get a Hobby or LPWNH’s). I follow him around all the time asking in my coolest “I don’t really care” voice, “So… are you ah, gonna play tonight?” Hoping inside that the desperation is not showing on my face and I won’t be rejected (By my stinky younger brother mind you). And if I catch him playing in his room or find out that he has betrayed me by playing with our other brother while not in my presence, I get all upset. I say “Now how am I gonna know where we are and what our mission is? I will be totally disoriented now. I won’t know where we are or how to help.” Maybe it’s my long lost desire to be the cool cheerleader who really sticks with the team till the end. Okay not really my desire, was actually my mothers, but still. Kudos to Bridger though. He lets me believe that I really am helping. He brings a shy smile to my flushed face when I make a helpful suggestion by saying things with relief in his voice like “Oh Sis, Thanks, I never would have figured that one out.” For which I love him. Anyway, if all goes well, and he is in a good mood, we will continue our work tonight. We will work tirelessly and without too many bathroom breaks, to get the job done. Until we reach the final goal: Beat Half Life!

1 comments:

Cygnus said...

HA HA HA!! That's my favorite game of all time! And from the screenshot, it looks like you're actually playing HL2. That's so awesome. I have it installed on my PC.

Speaking of, how's the new laptop? Did you ever make it to base to get your HUP software? I'm so sorry I never made it over there when you were there. I came over on the 2nd or something, but you weren't around.

Anyway, I hope you're doing well.