Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies. - Gene Hill

It was one year ago that a broken hearted and quite ruined Texie walked dazed and sad eyed into a puppy shop. I knew I was broken and needed some healing. And I knew the very thing that would heal my wounds. I needed a dog. I found many adorable pups in this store, but my intentions were not to buy but to do my homework to find the perfect breed for me. They were separated into play pins and got to stay with their litter mates. All of them were just excited and happy as could be. There were cages up on one wall too, but they were empty and I was happy to see this because they seemed too sterile and isolated. But then, deep in the darkness of one of these cages appeared two huge eyes. They called to me, and I went to them. Then erupting out of the darkness was none other than my new best friend. At first she was sad (reeling me in, I now realize) and so I held her tight and then she started to play a little, swatting her tiny paws at my fingers. I signed for her immediately. Now we don’t need to discuss how much I paid for Annie, mostly because it still makes me a little nauseous! Or the fact that I bought her from a horrible puppy store and they should all be burned down. But she was well worth it and I would pay double for her today if I had to. Annie immediately mended my broken heart and was, honestly, one of the best decisions I ever made! Girls, a little advice from me: If you need to replace a man….get a dog. I promise, it works great! I say that even now after hundreds of dollars that went to fixing a chronic bladder infection problem in the poor pup. Now, one year later. I have a pleasant, adorable; hyper Boston terrier that goes everywhere I go (has even come to work with me a few times). Annie loves life and I love watching her love life. The best thing she has taught me so far is that it’s okay if you miss the couch on the first jump.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what happened to the 'friends and lovers' post?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Annie is the pure essence of cuteness, but I want something new. I need a work distraction bad.
This would be the problem with blogs, if you talk about the subject it loses some of it's blog appeal.
And you didn't answer about why you decided to take the other post down??

Texie said...

I got fearful that he would somehow find me, like a internet stalker and read it and have me killed. J/K well...kinda

Anonymous said...

well i wanna read it so you will have to send it to me.

Cole