Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Drugs and Drug Addicts

We have all seen them. We have all talked with them. Hell we all probably know one. That time sucking, all about me, drug addict. I know them well. Each and every one of them; the pothead, the alcoholic, the crack head, cocaine, meth, heroine…which let's face it, if you are abusing prescription medications, then you are essentially but in much more eloquent words….a heroine junkie.

The Pill popper is a special kind of addict. They are the Paris Hiltons of the drug world. They don't think that they are "real" addicts because they don't stand on a corner at 3:00am waiting for their fix. No instead they manipulate the most disgusting system of them all…The Medical System. (As if the Medical industry weren't already the biggest crock of shit in this country!) Did you know that there is a place that Dr's can call to get a list of prescriptions and pharmacies their patients have been too to see if they are "Dr. shopping" and that these Dr's rarely use this resource because they would lose the business. They (People who have sworn an oath to aid humanity) don't want to lose the precious money that these waste of oxygen users bring into their selfish lives. And yes, I can say that all addicts are a waste of oxygen because they really are, but underneath that I have a respect for the value of their human life, a respect that these Dr's apparently lose upon blanketing the royal white jacket.
Don't get me wrong. I am not opposed to All Dr's. My Doctor, in fact, knows my family history (which contains at least one of all the listed drug types above) and therefore watches me very closely, this small effort he puts toward knowing what is going on inside my body makes me respect him on a level I cannot really describe and I thank him.
Don't have drug addict tornado'ing through your life? Well, you won't have the problem unless they have figured some intelligent way (usually through emotion) to manipulate you into taking care of their every desire. What do you do with them? You obviously can't throw them away as they are your loves and a part of your heart. But when they don't call for a month or get put in jail for a minute you find yourself exhaling and thanking God for the break.
I don't wish these loved ones harm. I want them to get "fixed". However, the likeliness of it, puts this desire on the non-realistic wish list. So what do you do? Obviously the answer is…absolutely Nothing! But the fear of the inevitable sometimes overwhelms (especially upon frequent hospital runs) and for a brief moment you forget that you have no choice in the matter and you fight like hell to save their wasted, worthless lives. This random hope comes out of nowhere. Hits you the way I'd imagine a bus would, unexpectedly appearing in front of you. If you're lucky you'll just fall out of its way and let the stress dissipate of its own accord.
It takes too long to wait for their demise. Whether it be death or sobriety, it's a waiting game, and the answer to the "will it be death or sobriety" question does not rear its ugly head until the very, very, very end of it all.

0 comments: