Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ohhh yeah, I forgot!

I feel as if I have been fighting against myself and everything else in the world lately. So driving home a couple of days ago I began to prey. Just left work, in the car, out loud, I couldn’t help it, I just started talkin’ to the ol’ boy. Told him sorry for how long it has been since he last heard from me. I explained every nuance in my life. Thanked him for every lesson I have been given the last couple of years. (Even the humbling “boob flop” incident on the sidewalk the other day). And as I talked to him about all my ideas and theories something happened. The same thing that always happens when I prey, I calmed down.
That old “Why are you freaking out?” feeling came over me. Nothing in life is really so complicated that I need to develop an ulcer over it. The snow will melt. My brother will eventually buy a car. Everything is okay. Why I forget to relax and just live in today is beyond me. Why I try to run around controlling everything when very, very little is within my power to control is….well, just insane.
I also forget the power of prayer. My dad always says “When life gets really hard, you better fall to your knees and fight like a man”. He’s a cowboy. I love him. I love all my people. People…I Super LOVE you.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (or something very similar to that).
Tex

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word (Ok that stands for more words) PUSH: pray until somthing happens