Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Can dummies serve and protect?

So I am driving Bridger to work this morning and we come to the stop light in front of Maverick. The light turns green but the lady in front of us doesn't go. I honk my horn. No moving for us. Finally after the light turns red again, I back up a little (careful not to hit the car behind me) and begin to go around this person because obviously they are having car problems or something. As I pass I look into the window and there sits a girl, probably 20 or so, head back, mouth open, completely out of it! I scream "Oh God, Bridger she's dead!!) and try to pull my car as far in front of her car as I can get it. I slam the car into park and open the door, I said "Turn on my emergency lights and find my cell phone in my purse". I run over to the car and slam my hand down on the hood. (Because there is nothing in the world that will wake up a dead person better, than scaring the hell out of them.) Nothing happens.
I run over to her window and bang on it a couple times….nothing.
I try to open her door but it is locked.
I try the back seat door, but its locked as well.
I go back to the front and start yelling and banging on the window "hey….wake up". (Mean while cars are behind me, nobody gets out, nobody cares it would seem) And as I am about to tell Bridger to call 911, her eyes open wide, she takes a deep breath, her head lowers and she wipes her mouth and I see her mouth the word "Ohhhh Gooood". I motion for her to roll her window down and as I do a Sheriffs truck pulls up next to her and turns on his siren to move me along. I point down at her car and mouth the words "She needs help". And he motions for me to move along.
I get in my car, turn on my blinker make my turn at the light and the stupid idiot follows me and pulls ME over.
I say as he approaches, "You need to go help that girl! She is out of it, something is seriously wrong."
He starts in with these questions "do you know her? How did you know she was unconscious if you were behind her?" Blah, blah, blah, I mean it went on forever. I finally said "Look at her car it is still in the turning lane! She still has not moved, she could be dead! I don't know her I was not stopping in the middle of the road to "chit chat" I thought she was dead, SHE NEEDS HELP". He says "Alright…..Immmmm aaaaa I'm gonna let you run along".
Oh lordy! I dropped Bridger off and on the way back passed them, they had got her pulled over to the side of the road, (another cop was there by then) and had her out of the curb while they searched her car. Meaning she was not dying but was probably spracked out on drugs and REALLY inconvenienced my morning. Anyway it was an interesting little ditty that I thought I would share so there you go!

0 comments: