Monday, November 10, 2008

"Pride" always seems to work against me

Me: I just don’t know what is wrong with it, I have had troubles burning disks and withdrawing information from disks on this drive.
IT: Do you think the disk drive has gone bad?
Me: It’s a new computer.
IT: (Puts hands over entire face and rubs it as he sighs in frustration, like how a very angry and annoyed parent sighs. As if he is holding it inside and wants to explode angry rantings of inferiority on me but instead says in a very pissed slow and condescending voice:) That’s not what I asked you is it? I asked you “Do you think the disk drive is bad”.
Me: And I told you, No the computer is bran new, intending to imply the DRIVE is new too.
IT: (Rubs face again and sighs again) But do you think the drive is bad?
Me: I guess it is possible, I have not used it but a handful of times since I got the computer, but never mind, I would rather die in a firey car crash than accept your help now so please leave.
IT: (Walks to the back of my computer and starts pushing on things).
Me: No…really. My pride will not allow me to accept your help now. I am sorry, but I am literally incapable of accepting any help, favors or even exchange in conversation from you at this point.
Moral of the story: still cant pull informtion off the drive. bummer.

0 comments: