Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Business Trip

I am currently away on a business trip and wishing I were home. Being the pessimist that I am removes most likeliness that I will enjoy myself on this adventure. It just so happens that some friends of mine were here from out of town and so we met up last night for dinner and fun. Only...I wasn’t much fun. Planned to stay up late and play but actually came back to my room at 8:00pm. I guess I have lost all ability to party as my age creeps up the scale of life. Not to mention it was an incredibly stressful day for an already stressed out girl and by the time the sun set, my whole body was looking for sleep.
That being said, it is now 5:52 am. And here I sit..working. The thing about work when your not at work, is that even though your working, it doesn’t feel like your working. So I am working in my hotel room and gotta say....its just not bad. I seem happier to answer emails and get things done. I think I am on to something here. If establishments want their employees to really buckle down...they should send them on vacation with a deadline. It would work. Believe me. Doesn’t sound like it, but it would.

0 comments: