Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Crash, Its what I do

Although I have not yet met anyone else who suffers from the same affliction as me, I believe there are many of us out there. Or, at least I hope there are or else I will have to entertain the idea that “they” really are “out to get me”. My affliction: I crash. That’s what I do. It happens every 1 to 3 years and I have been on a pretty good stretch so it was bound to happen again.
So last night I am giving my younger brother a ride over to McDonalds, located around the corner, and while sitting at a stop sign, a car turning right onto the road I was on, slides about 10 feet and finally stops inside my car. Just kidding, he wasn’t “inside” but he hit pretty solid into my front driver’s side.
I was not at fault. I was not cited. And thankfully my doggy was A-Okay, oh yeah, so was my brother. I guess I am discouraged because of all the hassle I will be facing today, and because after an accident, a car is never the same. I almost have this car paid off. I am this close to being out from under a payment, and it’s always the same, I crash!
So my father had to give me a ride to work this morning because I have no vehicle. All the way into work I got a lecture. “What the hell were you doing out on those roads last night? Don’t chew got any sense t’all? I raised you to think a little clearer than that? What’s the matter with you, why are you being so quiet?” My answer was “Because I am 31 years old and this lecture makes me feel 16 again, and when I was 16 I was frightened by these lectures, and so I just stayed quiet. Forgive me for “reverting” back.” Of course my father is the greatest man I have ever known, but sometimes those lectures…..
Anyway all is well. Everyone is safe, and I am now fighting with insurance companies to make sure I get a rental by the end of the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously don't know what to say. You say its going to happen, I think "That's silly, you won't crash just because it's time" Then it happens. I would like to blame you in some way, because you are the only same factor in the incidents, yet it's not your fault. Somebody else hits you. There is something bigger going on here, just wait.

Texie said...

Yeah, I think you are right, there is something bigger going on here. I am already at a 50% acceptance rate with the idea that it is very possible one of these will kill me. If that happens take care of my Annie, dont let Bridger smoke around her.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! yeah I'm with beth i dont know what to say. This sucks.. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. let me know if you need a ride.
Cole