Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 18

It has now been 18 days since I last smoked. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, I had to quit taking Chantix because it turned me into a crazy lady. The second I quit taking the Chantix all of the nicotine withdrawls came flooding on in, but I decided that no matter what I was not going to smoke. I was always afraid of quitting "Cold Turkey" because it sounded like torture. And it certainly was. The first week was offal. But it was not as bad as I always made it out to be. Now I am in week 3 without a cigarette and everything seems better. I think I can do this and I am so excited that I already have really.
I have a new found belief that there is nothing a pack of Jolly Ranchers and Davids Sunflower seeds cannot get me through if they could get me through that first week.
So its kinda lame that I am bragging like this but...yea me...I did it....well, I mean I probably did it.

5 comments:

Pearl said...

I feel you girl! I am on week 6. It gets easier... at least it did for me! STAY STRONG! You can do it!!

It be Cole said...

brag, brag, brag you deserve to brag. This is a big accomplishment. Way to go! It’s nice to be a quitter.

Jylaire said...

Yay! Way to go Tex!

Lily said...

I taking Chantix right now too. First time I was afraid, becouse of the side effects. But, it works!!
2 monts now. The firstweek I tryed to smoke, and was not good. So, I let it. I was a strong smoker!!

Texie said...

I know what you mean Lily, I too was (operative word) one of those "strong smokers" but we can do it. I wish you the best luck ever!