Monday, September 28, 2009

Yummy Blue Berry Bran Muffins

When starting these muffins, I will admit, my expectations were quite low. But, turns out they are delicious. I decided to try them because I am so sick of oatmeal or cereal for breakfast; I just had to come up with something else to eat in the mornings. Aunt Jill predicted that they may taste like a Mormon Muffins, and she was absolutely right. They are Mormon Muffins with a little blueberry. YUM!


2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
3 cups White Flour
3 cups All-Bran Cereal
5 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbs Salt
1 cup Brown Sugar
3 cups Natural Bran
3 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Apple Sauce - unsweetened
1/2 cup Molasses
1 liter 1% Buttermilk
2 cups Blue Berries

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add all liquid ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate overnight. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake 375* for 15-20 minutes.

I sprayed the muffin tins with Pam. I also used drained and rinsed canned blueberries, so if you use fresh blueberries they may not turn out as sweet. Also this recipe makes a ton of muffins. My whole dang kitchen is covered in cooling muffins right now. I have no idea where I am going to store all these!
If you make them as directed above these little babies are only 1.5 weight watcher points!

4 comments:

Jylaire said...

I'm definitely going to try these out! They look so yummy!

Beth said...

I want my muffin!

Texie said...

Well maybe I will bring them by tonight. Annie and I could use a ride anyway.

Beth said...

Thanks for my muffins