Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nosy Parker

So I meddled in my boss’ life the other day and was told a secret that I didn’t need to hear nor did I want to hear. It was not work related. Anyway, I was embarrassed for meddling, especially when I was just trying to have some ‘light chit-chat’ and he was embarrassed because the secret is kind of huge and in older days would maybe be considered shameful.
So a minute ago I walk up to him while he is speaking with a few other colleagues, to tell him some stuff (that totally doesn’t matter to this story because it is work related) and he says “Well, I just told them the Big Secret”. I say “Oh you did, they know the Big Secret huh”, then he says “Oh no, not that big secret, the secret that we will not be having cake for Rich’s Birthday today. I haven’t told them the other secret”. So I say “That was the Big Secret right”, trying desperately to cover his ass. Which by now looks really strange to the others because why would the boss be telling me Big Secrets? And so he says to them “No the other Big Secret is that my son and his girlfriend will be having a baby and that we just found out they got married in July”. All the jaws drop and lots of conversation ensues (that he did not have time for because he was headed out the door for an important thing). And I am now sitting here wondering if this was my fault or not. Somehow I feel guilty either way. DANG IT, if only I hadn’t Meddled!

3 comments:

Jylaire said...

You are hilarious! Why do people feel they must share their deep, dark secrets with someone who could care less?

Cygnus said...

What the ... which boss was that?! It wasn't T.J. ... too young! Or ... well, hmm. Ya know what? I'm not gonna speculate. Don't know, don't care. :)

How are you?! Did Scott tell you I ran into him at Harmons on Monday? I was picking up some anti-biotics. Figure this: I've been sick. I know ... I KNOW. It's a shocker. :) Really, though, this one kind of is. Since Christmas, I've had severe pulmonary issues. I'll spare you the details.

Kind of long for a "comment," isn't it? Maybe I should just write a blog post. :) Novel concept, eh?

Anonymous said...

And I thought it was going to be that he was a cross-dresser :)