Monday, August 25, 2008

A Cart Ride to Remember

The grapevine reported quite an occurrence from this weekend. To start I should note that when I am shopping with Bridger he will point out, upon store entry, those motorized chair scooter thingys and remark with longing his desire to ride in one. He does this often. I hear it all the time. He doesn’t want to walk around the store. Yes the epitome of lazy certainly comes to mind. He wants so much to jump inside one of those little motorized carts and Getty Up around the store. I always smile and keep walking when he begins these fantasies of running Willy Nilly around Wal-Mart, this is my way of letting him know that it’s just too ridiculous to even consider. Because it is, right?
So last week at work, Bridger hurt his back. He has been in a lot of pain and hasn’t been able to walk very well. So having to fill a prescription at Albertsons he walks….no…limps into the store when upon entry he sees it! The motorized cart! This was his chance. His one shining moment in time when he could get in the motha and drive to his heart’s content! He could do this…and keep his pride because after all he was actually hurt.
Now, when you do things like this (and to a much lesser extent, we all have) you know you are going to look like a complete idiot but what the hell, nobody knows you right? But come on, not when you were born and raised in Clinton Utah and your walking into the local Albertsons. EVERY ONE IS THERE. I run into someone I know every time I go there. So what must have run through his mind when he came upon my good friend Erin? Well, all of us normal people would be explaining, rationalizing, making sure the person didn’t walk away thinking were completely nuts right? Not Bridger. No explanation. Nothing. In fact it was reported back that there was a very strange “hey” (insert shyness) and then he kept on his way. Bridger, sometimes you really are the freakin greatest thing in my life. You do the things that I would never dare or have too much pride to do, and you remind me that it really doesn’t matter in the end. Sometimes, (given the circumstances) you are the only one I know who truly knows how to Keep It Simple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so I forgot to ask him... You have to get keys to drive those things and I wanted to know if the Albertson's people have a no questions policy and just figure if you want to ride in the cart you must be hurt. So did Bridger say if they asked him why he wanted the cart (he looks very healthy)?

The Cooper's said...

That is so funny! Im sorry about his back but that is hilarious that he jumped right in for a fun ride!!

Texie said...

Beth, I asked him about the keys last night and he said "Oh no, you dont have to ask, I got in that sucker, the keys were there and I started her on up!" (He's still beaming with happiness).