Friday, March 21, 2008

Are You Staring Outside?

It’s Spring! It’s that time of year where you get no work done because you have been staring out the window all day. Millions of people, right now, are sitting in their offices and all of them are staring blankly out the window. It’s some kind of built in mechanism for the human that says “hey, you’ve been in too much, get out!”
Yesterday was the first day of spring and even though it was rainy and dark I fully expected that the tulips and daffodils would pop out of the ground immediately. I even considered that I may receive an early visit from a lady bug, but to no avail.
There are however a few things that you forget about when it comes to spring. For example, I tried to walk through the grass in my high heels yesterday and sank until I was stuck! Something in me said “hey that ground is not frozen anymore” but I did it anyway and had quite the struggle.
Also, we tend to forget about the “spring time cold” of which I was reminded of in full bloom yesterday. Woke up with that “ah ohh things could be bad” feeling. Now today it is in full attack mode and I am finding it exhausting to even climb the stairs. Sore throat, yucky filled with junk cough, clogged sinuses, the works! Strange that it is Easter weekend and I am sick. I was sick for Christmas too and I never get sick!
There is also, the “fear of losing the coat” thing. I think thin people will not understand this struggle. But if you are a little bit of a fatty, you know what I mean. When you’re carrying around some extra poundage, it really feels good to cover it all up with a giant oversized coat. It becomes a security blanket under which you feel completely comfortable hiding your shame. Sad really, all the fat girls in the world are running around thinking they are “hiding” their fat. Oh boy. You literally have to pry the coat out of your own hands and tell yourself “its okay, they already know about it, you can let go of this”!
Still, nothing beats the hopes of spring. Thoughts of summer adventures and cool relaxed evenings just fills us with an exploding energy. I pity school teachers right now. I can’t wait to go camping and four wheeling. To feel the sun beat down on my face and have cook outs in the shade.

1 comments:

Jilly B said...

Tex, You are a far cry from an after thought. You were someones universe and now I am sure you are your fathers. Loved the blog. I will stare through your window often. Love you, auntie