Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ramblings and Updates

Due to overwhelming demand, I guess I should attempt a post. There does not seem like much to say these days, I guess that is why I have not. I am currently looking for a house to buy. It’s turning out to be kind of fun so far. I have written my list of “Must Have’s” which are:
- A back door
- Fully fenced
- Good roof
- Sprinkler system
- Shed (if no garage)
I would really like to have some covered parking, but after some investigative work I have determined that if the price is right for the house I buy, I can afford to put my own car port in. Same with a covered patio. It’s only like $1500.00 to 2000.00 bucks. It would defiantly take me a year to save for it but it could be done.
That’s pretty much it. I don’t want to spend time bitching about Jayson and how he is dying because I would rather be in denial and then shocked when it happens as opposed to facing it and being shocked when it happens.
Bret called and left a voice message on my work phone the other day. I puked but it was just a little in my mouth so not really worth mentioning. lol.
Annie is good. Just happy to be alive and have friends. I swear if I aspired to be like anyone it would be her. Always positive, always happy, accepts things the way they are, kind, makes friends easy and never gets mad. She would make an excellent human being, but then she makes an excellent dog too.
I actually had a really great Birthday, went to Rainbow Gardens with all my girlfriends, the most beautiful women on the planet, and then we shopped, went to a movie and even got ourselves a pedicure. So funny because at the end, the two girlfriends that were left at that point, both went on and on about how therapeutic the day had been for them. Beth, the new Mom of a crazy curious boy had a broken foot, well practically, and Ricki, the mother of two darling girls, one of which is now a tween (that’s what they call them now right?) felt like they had spent the day at the spa. It made me feel good that my Birthday could be a time of womanly regrouping instead of another ‘To Do’ on life’s endless list of to do’s. Ricki even called crying (at least I think she was) telling me Thank you for the great day. I have no stresses so it was just some good ol’ fun for me. Of course after going through the house buying process I reserve the right to retract that last statement.
Christmas was great, I spent time with my Pa, brother and niece. New Year’s festivities were held at Nichole’s house this year. We were all party party. Beth even brought her funky Happy New Year headband. And now I am back to work off of Holidays and it’s been a little hard to get back in the swing of things. Before Christmas I didn’t work this many hours of the day I swear. Now I am pretty sure I am putting in about 15 hour days even though the clock says something contrary to that. So that’s about it. I hope all you have a wonderful Christmas and I hope your New Year is full of hope and goals for the future!

4 comments:

Jylaire said...

I'm glad you're back to the land of blogging! I want more house hunting details! So exciting! Glad your birthday was great! Love you!

It be Cole said...

Thank You! Very light and fluffy.

Beth said...

I should just copy that to my blog. I felt like I was with you enough that it kind of described my holidays.

The Cooper's said...

It's so good to hear an update and how fun to be house hunting! I am somewhat jealous cause I think it's so much fun! So happy you had a great birthday, it sounds like it was heavenly, along with your holdiday celebrations. We love you!