Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Voice

Did I ever write about Leonard Cohen before? Well, first of all, if you don't know, he is a poet and writes the most beautiful, mesmerizing, comforting, seductive words I have ever heard. He can make me smile, cry, and become a humanitarian all in one breath. And then there is his voice. Deep, sometimes sad, sometimes erotic, sometimes lost, always soothing. This comfort he possesses has many times over made everything okay when it didn’t seem okay. I can’t say how often I let Leonard sing me to sleep. Leonard Cohen’s voice does for me what Sean Connerys face does for most women. You know how its got that timeless appeal?
So anyway I am FAa reaking out right now. I just got online and with a perma grin plastered to my face, purchased tickets to see Leonard Cohen in Las Vegas on November 12th. I can’t believe this will actually happen. This is serious people, he is a genius and I get to be a part of the history, I get to look at it and listen to it. I am going to be in the same room with that voice. I wish I could bring a huge comforter and cup of hot cocoa into the concert hall and just curl up on the floor for the most soothing 2 hours of my life. That may not go over well, so I will have to settle for just closing my eyes. I am pretty sure they play Leonard Cohen in heaven all day long. In fact now that I say that, I am reminded of a Kurt Cobain lyric that went “Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld, so I can sigh eternally.” Ahhhhh. Total high.

6 comments:

Beth said...

You tell the Internet before you tell me?!?

Texie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Texie said...

I thought it would be a fun shocking surprise. Besides its like I told you personally, you are close to being the only person who even reads this thing. sooo SURPRISE wahoo Beth were going to see Leonard Cohen!Yeah, WE we are going to see 'our man'

Unknown said...

hey i read this stuff all the time. If i start commenting more will u take me to Vegas??!

Texie said...

Well looky looky, Icky Ricky finally commented. Sure I will take you to Vegas, in fact, hey why not, I'll take everyone to Vegas! Oh thats right, I just remembered that I just spent all my money on LEONARD COHEN TICKETS.

Unknown said...

too bad for u. im a lot of fun!!